Visit Old South Meeting House, the famed 1729 meeting house where the Boston Tea Party began, one of the nation's most significant colonial landmarks and an important stop on Boston's Freedom Trail!
- Open daily
- 9:30 am - 5:00 pm - April 1 through October 31
- 10:00 am - 4:00 pm - November 1 through March 31
- FREE: Old South Meeting House members (Click here to become a museum member and get free admission for a whole year!)
- Adults: $6
- Seniors (62+): $5
- Students with ID (18+): $5
- Children (6-17): $1
- Children under 6: FREE
Old South Meeting House accepts cash, checks, Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
The Freedom Trail Ticket - save time & money!
Walking the Freedom Trail? Don't miss going inside the remarkable landmarks where history actually happened! Includes admission to 3 sites: Old South Meeting House, the Old State House and the Paul Revere House. It's great deal and does not expire. Not available to groups over 10.
- Only $13.00 for adults (You save $6.50!)
- Only $2.00 for children (Ages 6-17)
Available at Old South Meeting House or purchase The Freedom Trail Ticket in advance of your visit through the Paul Revere House website. *If your trip to Boston is in fewer than two weeks, we recommend that you buy your Freedom Trail Ticket in town at Old South Meeting House, the National Park Service Visitor Center at historic Faneuil Hall, the Greater Boston Convention & Visitor Bureau Visitor Center on Boston Common or other local vendors. It's still the same great deal.
WHAT TO SEE AND DO
Historic Site: Stand in the very place where the Boston Tea Party was launched in 1773. This extraordinary 1729 Puritan Meeting House is one of the nation's most important colonial National Historic Landmarks.
Voices of Protest Exhibit: Discover compelling people who made a difference at Old South Meeting House and the history of protest and free speech that continues to this day. See tea leaves and a tea crate label from the Boston Tea Party, a 3-D model of colonial Boston that is over 100 years old, John Hancock's portable writing desk, a first-edition 1773 book by enslaved poet Phillis Wheatley, and more.
Exhibit Scavenger Hunts: Explore the history and unique architecture of Old South Meeting House with a scavenger hunt. All ages from children to adults. Especially popular with families!
Public Events & Programs: Hundreds of concerts, lectures, walking tours and special events are offered throughout the year. Visit our calendar to learn more. Sign up to get email updates on upcoming events.
Museum Shop: High quality, unique and affordable items for all ages. Visit the museum shop free of charge by the entrance on Milk Street. Members get a 10% discount!
Passport to Your National Parks Program: Old South Meeting House is an official Passport Cancellation Station in the National Park Service Passport Program. Regular admission fees apply. Passport Booklets are available in our Museum Shop. More on the National Park Passport program: http://passport.eparks.com/store.
- The Old South Meeting House is committed to accessibility for all visitors. Questions? Call us at 617-482-6439
- The historic site, exhibits, events and restrooms are accessible for visitors using wheelchairs.
- Assistive listening system is available for most events and programs.
- Braille information and large script exhibit text guides are available.
- Audio program is available on your own device or smartphone using a QR code reader.
Special discounted admission rates and programs are available for all school and adult groups only with advance reservations. To reserve your place in history call our Education Department at (617) 482-6439 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ways to Save
- AAA Members: Show your AAA membership card for $1 off regular adult admission.
- MBTA Charlie Card Discount: Show your reusable, plastic MBTA Charlie Card for $1 off regular adult admission and 10% off your museum shop purchase.
- WGBH Boston members: Show your WGBH membership card for 2 for 1 adult admission.
- Discounts for Teachers: Show your membership card for 2 for 1 adult admission for members of the American Federation of Teachers (AFT), Boston Teachers Union (BTU), Massachusetts Teachers Association (MTA), and National Education Association (NEA).
- Blue Star Museum: Old South Meeting House is a Blue Star Museum, offering free admission to all active duty service members and their immediate family (up to 5 family members, including spouse, child or sibling.) Available to any bearer of a Geneva Convention Common Access Card (CAC), a DD FORM 1173, or a DD FORM 1173-1, which includes Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, National Guard, and Reserve. More information at the Blue Star Museums website.
- Additional Special Discounts may be available. Please inquire at the admissions desk.